Monday, February 18, 2013

Still Crazy After All These Years

We're coming to you today from the Beat A Dead Horse Department here in the marbled halls of IM Central. BADH is a division of the The Voices In My Head Never Lie Company, a wholly owned subsidy of This Is Why We Should  Have Mandatory Retirement Laws, LLC.

John McCain, who has been a frequent visitor to this blog and whom, as we recall, was told "stuff it, we're going with the black guy" by the American voting public quite some time ago, apparently will not go gently into that good night.

Sen. John McCain referred to the lack of information from the White House surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks in Benghazi as a "massive cover-up. There are so many answers we don't know," McCain said. "Where is Libya? Have we found the Higgs boson?  What the heck are lipopolysaccharides? What was I talking about?"

"I'm asking you, do you care whether four Americans died?" McCain said. "And don't start about the hypocrisy of me supporting a meaningless war that killed thousands when there was a republican president because this is different. I mean come on, I am the first presidential candidate in history to get his butt handed to him by a brother. You think that doesn't sting?"

"The information has not been forthcoming. And I'll be glad to send you a list of the questions that have not been answered, including 'What did the president do and who did he talk to the night of the attack on Benghazi?' I saw the Dominoes delivery going into the White House just about the time reports from Benghazi started coming it. Now how many times has this president said he's a Pizza Hut guy, huh? Americans have a right to know the truth."

"Why did the president for two weeks, for two weeks during the heat of the campaign continue to say he didn't know whether it was a terrorist attack or not?  What was he waiting for, confirmation? When has worrying about getting the facts straight ever been an issue? Well, OK that's just me, but the point is these facts coming out before the election would have meant Mitt Romney would have lost by fewer votes."

"But we have not received the answers. And that's a fact. Well, technically since we've had a bunch of hearings and investigations we've got a lot of answers, just not the ones I want, so those answers aren't really facts, they're more like inconvenient truths. Ha! See I was making a little joke there. And they say I've lost it."

Earlier, the former Republican presidential nominee said he expects Hagel to be confirmed as defense secretary even though he doesn't plan to vote for him. "I don't believe he is qualified," McCain said."But I ran for president so that should pretty much tell you all you need to know about expertise in the republican party."

No comments: