Monday, September 25, 2006

It Is Too Your Fault. It Is, It Is

Much is being written around the internets today about Big Dog taking a bite out of Chris Wallace. Personally we always liked Clinton. Pretty disappointed in his Presidency, but that wasn't all his fault. Republicans really hate it when someone has fun. Anyway, Clinton always seemed a bit Shakespearean to us--at least what we dimly remember about Shakespearean. You know, big guy with a big...erm... appetite...uh...no...fatal flaw...Yeah, fatal flaw, that's the ticket. We didn't see the interview itself as Fox News gives us the runs, but Think Progress has the video up.

"I was just asking a question," Wallace said. "I don't know why he'd think it was a hit job. This is Fox News after all. We report. You decide." Yeah. Plus Clinton has often be accused of cynically manipulating the news for his own purposes. And anyway, who is the ex-president to impugn the motives of someone like Chris Wallace, who is generally considered to be the Edward R. Murrow of tee vee journalism.

Clinton told Wallace, "And you got that little smirk on your face and you think you're so clever, but I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and I failed to get bin Laden. I regret it, but I did try and I did everything I thought I responsibly could." Later a spokesperson for Fox News said Wallace often gets that smirk on his face when the voices in his head tell funny stories.

No comments: