Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Hound Blogging

We're coming to you today from the When It Rains It Pours Department here in the marbled halls of IM Central. WIRIP is a division of the Chickens Returning to the Roost Corporation in association with Is That Karma I See Walking Towards Me With A Big Stick, LLC.
Here's what the last week has been like for the overlords in Iowa:
The possible end of live greyhound racing in Council Bluffs picked up support from the city council Monday evening.
As Batman might say BOOM!
On most days the grandstand is less than 10 percent full. Sometimes there are more dogs on the track than people watching. Officials said racing doesn't make enough money to pay for the track.
Or, as the Caped Crusader might opine POW!
If you've never seen a greyhound race, you might want to head to the tracks as they may not be around much longer.
 Let's give this last one to Robin. CRASH!

As our old daddy used to say, this is a situation in which you would like to have some bad news just so you could have some good news. Things are so bleak for the overlords in Iowa they'd have to light up a candle just to see the dark. We have to believe the overlords in Iowa are so low right now they have to look up to see down. If bad news was a puddle, the overlords would be swimming in a ocean of hurt. The overlords in Iowa are so disliked, even Al Qaeda won't recruit them. The overlords are so desperate for customers in Iowa, they'll even accept bets made with monopoly money. Last week three people turned up for a race at Council Bluffs and the track reported a 110% increase in attendance over the week before. Turns out they also counted a raccoon who ran across the parking lot just before the matinee. Last weekend the tip jar in the lounge took in more money than the whole track.

But cheer up overlords. There is a silver lining. We heard Walmart has just announced a new round of scholarships to Greeter School.

Oh, and let's not forget the dogs. What do you think their reaction is Ginger? Say what? Ask Richie Havens?


I absolutely love to play with toys. I throw them up in the air and catch them and I love to squeak them. I love my foster mom’s Greyhound. We love to play together. I haven’t seen any small dogs yet so I’m not sure if I can live with them. I am cat friendly. I do well on walks and don’t pull on my leash. I am quite the lady. I love everyone I meet and love to get pets from them. I am completely housebroken and I don’t mind being in my crate. For more information about this dog, and other rescued racing greyhounds looking for homes, go here. If you don't know about the plight of racing greyhounds go here and here.

Cloud update: This sweet boy loves his toys! Cloud is a fast learner that strives to please. He's playful, obedient, and will lay with his head in your lap and get his ears scratched for hours.

No comments: