The award comes from Friend of the Show Seeing Eye Chick and all we can say is it must have been one heck of a party that caused the normally quite cogent and eloquent Ms. Chick to lose her rationality to the point where she would consider this blog worthy of any sort of approbation.
Of course when greatness is thrust upon one, one also has to accept responsibilities, so, there are rules:
The Instructions are:
1. You must brag about the award
2. You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger
3. You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.
5. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself.
Now, with reference to requirements one and two let us just say that we are quite flattered that SEC would consider us for such an accolade (Her obviously altered mental state aside). It certainly beats the usual fare of responses we get to this blog from folks like John Parker or Doug Pizzi whose basic message is STFU.
As for requirement three, we're not quite sure that any blog we would choose to honor would see that recognition as a positive, but here goes:
1. sleeping alone and starting out early.
2. November Fifth
3. Blogging for Michigan
4. End Tucson Greyhound Racing
5. I'm Not One to Blog But...
6. Coyote Mercury
7. Yoga for Cynics
The links are all over there on your right. No, your other right.
Requirement five is quite problematic for us, because the first honest thing that we would tell you about ourselves is that we're never honest about ourselves. Honestly.
The second is that right about now we're pretty sure Seeing Eye Chick is having second thoughts.
We're big fans of the needle nose. That should have been obvious.
We favor the public option, and that fulfills our quota of seriousness for the day.
Cubs Fans. Shut up.
We prefer two wheels to four.
We're not very good at following directions.
If you need us, we'll be down in the trophy room hanging our plaque.